CLEAN CLIMBING - WORKSHOP
The future of alpinism is CLEAN!
That's the reason why we believe offering a clean climbing workshop, where you'll learn how to safely climb with friends and nuts, is the best thing to do!
Wo: Furka Gebiet, Schweiz
Wann: July 2021
Price: CHF 290.- p.P.
Date: April to November
Country/Region: Switzerland, Ticino
Meeting point: Sobrio, 6749
Services: 1x vegetarian lunch, group material
Requirements: Climbing difficulty: 6a+, lead climbing: yes
Your adventure guide:
Mountain Guide with Confederation Certificate
From the meeting point in Sobrio we gently walk downhill to the climbing wall where the workshop will be held. The day is divided in two modules.
- Basics of "clean climbing"
- Historical background
- Rock evaluation
- General safety
Picnic style vegetarian lunch and small break.
- Climbing and testing of active and passive protection
- Tips and tricks for lead climbing
- Evaluating of routes and coping with emergencies
We recommend participants to have a climbing level of at least 6a+.
We will confirm if the tour is taking place per e-mail latest:
if it's a weekend tour 1 day before it begins (from 11:00)
if it's a multi day tour 2 days before it begins (from 17:00)
After the tour:
We'll email you direct links to the photo upload/download and our feedback form
- Hard shell jacket
- Soft shell or fleece jacket
- Climbing pants, t-shirt and sweater
- Sun and lip cream, sun hat
- Water bottle
- Ev. camera
- Sturdy shoes for the approach
- Backpack (20-30l)
- Climbing shoes (tight but comfortable)
- Climbing harness
- Climbing set (3 HMS carabiner, belay/rappel device, 1 set of 6 quickdraws, webbing sling 60 cm, belay station sling, prusik sling)
- Friends and nuts in different sizes, if available
- Other climbing material, if available
- Snacks: These will be eaten between breakfast and dinner, so pack enough for the days of the tour. Dried fruit, chocolate, cheese, wholemeal bread and energy bars suit well. To avoid your backpack from being too heavy, try not to bring too much food with you.
- Lunch: Vegetarian picnic style lunch is included in this tour. As a commitment to animal welfare, we do not offer fish/meat. We still try our best to keep the menu as exciting as possible despite logistical difficulties. Please notify us in advance of any special dietary needs.
- 100ml disinfectant
- Protective masks (2 per day)
- Climbing harness, CHF 20.00
- Helmet, CHF 15.00
- Climbing set, CHF 20.00
Before the tour:
It is mandatory to read the last information about your tour 1 day before the tour starts (from 11am). We will email you at the mentioned time.
Any question left?
Not sure if your skills fulfill the requirements above?
I will be happy to help you!
+41 766 10 10 26